what are calling rates from united kingdom to US
CHUCKA75Q
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can get a Verizon plan that mirrors my home plan for $10/day, but if I want to call the US from England while I'm there, what will the cost be?

0 Likes
Re: what are calling rates from united kingdom to US
mama23dogs
Legend

Like 3.50 a minute.  Text is 50 cents each (plain text). Photo or emoji is MMS and is almost triple that.  If your phone is capable of wifi calling, turn on airplane mode and Wifi and calls are free.

0 Likes
CHUCKA75Q
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you, Mama.  I've since learned that you can call the US from the UK on TravelPass with no additional charge.  But in case the coverage is spotty, I'll use your suggestion for Wifi.

0 Likes
CHUCKA75Q
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oops!  Nope. Verizon charges for Wifi calls overseas.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

CHUCKA75Q wrote:

Oops! Nope. Verizon charges for Wifi calls overseas.

However, I believe you can use Skype to Skype calls via wifi at no charge...

0 Likes
CHUCKA75Q
Enthusiast - Level 3

Probably the same for FaceTime, yes?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Wifi calling works just like domestic calling.  wifi calling in Europe to the USA is like domestic calls.  Wifi calling in Europe to Europe is just like international long distance. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHUCKA75Q, help is here as we always want to set you up for the best success for your trip abroad. Let's get started. Most 4G LTE devices are capable of Wi-Fi calling. If your device is capable of this, you can make Wi-Fi calls for free of charge. I would suggest turning on airplane mode to ensure no charges come through but rest assured, if you do this, it is free of charge. Click the link provided, reference the header ' Wi-Fi Calling Setup and Use, see #4 for instructions to choose preferred voice network while roaming internationally. http://spr.ly/6589DVRGX

NatashaA_vzw

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes