Re: Droid Bionic ICS update????
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The support document is live. ICS update is coming to the Bionic. It is a matter of when now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TheGord
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
FWH
Enthusiast - Level 3

The news is all over the web! Here is another link: http://www.droid-life.com/2012/10/18/droid-bionic-ice-cream-sandwich-update-finally-approved-as-buil...

I'm so looking forward to this update.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Still feeling screwed? I hope you switched to another carrier already. That would be great. You switch for nothing because you couldn't wait 2 whole weeks.

0 Likes
joepeace55

It's not about the 2 weeks, it's about the 10 months. I paid for a

flagship phone with a dual processor and have not been able to use it to

its full potential. VSW promised ICS would becoming soon when I purchased

my bionic. They don't take responsibility for what their field personnel

tell their customers.

They don't care about Mohammed, just their bottom line.

DO you work for VZW, it sounds like you don't have the same resentment that

most of us have Brian68?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
idyotako
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can verify this as I'm receiving the update as I type this... though it seems to be taking longer than I think it should (2+ hours now "Upgrading Media database"). I don't know if I'm the only one having this issue, but one thing is for sure, ICS is now here for Bionic users.

0 Likes
JESRadio

I have been running leak .2233 for a couple of months. Didn't realize how much better the signal was and how fast the phone really was until I reverted back to .902 GB so I could get on the update path again. I guess I won't be getting my official upgrade today. Hoping for the next day or so. I agree with many of you, Verizon and Motorola need to make it up the Bionic customers by swapping phones with Razr Maxx HD or equivalent and letting us keep the Unlimited data. This is a major screw up by both companies. I was looking at the Razr HD but now I may swing over to the Galaxy SIII or wait for the Galaxy Note 2. This was my first Motorola since the old Razr days. Very disappointed how they handled this.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to the Verizon info.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/droid_bionic_instructions.pdf

it should take around 35 minutes, but who knows?

0 Likes
idyotako
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I went ahead and did a battery pull and it pretty much corrected itself, so I'm running on ICS now. I did notice that Flash seems to have disappeared. I tried looking it up on the Play store, but it's not there either. Is this something that is going to come back or is Flash being removed for good (which I hope not).

As far as signal is concerned, I can't speak on this because I'm actually overseas so I'm strictly using WiFi.

I also seem to run into a few lag issues, but I'll attribute that to it still trying to square away as it just updated.

I'm going to keep messing around with this and see if there's anything else worth noting with this update, but my biggest issue at this point is the absence of Flash.

0 Likes