Re: Droid Maxx Updated to 4.4.4
MrMaxxFan

My Droid Maxx has been full of bugs since the update. I'm having issues sometimes with Google Now not responding to my voice at all. I've checked settings and rerecorded my "Ok Google Now"; there was no improvement and it worked perfectly before the update. When making calls by voice using touch less controls, the phone no longer switches on speaker phone even when that feature is turned on. So now I  have to touch the speaker phone button even for " touch less" calls. At times when Bluetooth headset is paired and connected and you make a call, there is no sound from the headset or any of the phones speakers. The other person can hear me, but I cannot hear them. Ive had the same problem with 2 different headsets that both worked before the update and work fine on anither device. I've also noticed that my 4G signal which use to be very strong most of the time, is now showing a weaker signal in places that were always strong before. These are all features that I use regularly and worked perfect before the update. I would describe myself as a somewhat advanced user and all normal troubleshooting for these issues have been innefective. The only thing I have tried is a factory reset because I don't want the hassle and don't think it will help. All in all, I like a few of the updates but these bugs are not worth it.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx Updated to 4.4.4
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The factory reset is in fact totally worth the hassle of setting up the phone again. If you properly prepare your phone backup it isn't much of a hassle either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes