Droid Maxx won't turn on
taylorolvey

My Droid MAXX died last night and was having trouble charging when it happened.  It charged all night (I thought) but still will not turn on this morning.  I tried the reboot (volume down and power button) when not plugged in and nothing happened. When I do the reboot while plugged in, the only thing that happens is a green light comes on for a while, then goes off.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx won't turn on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying all those great steps already, taylorolvey. When you plug the phone into the charger, do you see any indication it's charging (an LED light, a battery symbol, etc)? Have you been able to try an alternate charger?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx won't turn on
Alex_Errico

Mine is stuck on the Motorola logo.  I can get to the boot menu for a hard reset/recovery or factory wipe, but when I select one of those options, it goes back to the blue Motorola logo.  Verizon can't help and said they are only a tier one customer service operation and that any further service was an additional charge.  I would have to mail in my phone.  They told me I had found out as much as they had.  No help there.  I contacted Motorola directly and they sent me a label to mail it to them in Dallas/Ft. Worth where they will send me a new phone.  Sometimes shit just doesn't work.  I guess in this case, software is scrambled and no one has the ability to fix it.  It gets send back to Motorola where they melt it.  New phones are made from it's recycled metals and it's sent to various retail locations that can't help you if it needs any software work...   Hope you had a better time than I did.

0 Likes