Droid Razr Maxx: People cannot hear me!
angpoc

When I make or take calls, people on the other end cannot hear me. When I put it on "speaker phone," they can only hear me if I put the phone right up to my mouth. Anyone experience this or know if I can fix it? I just got this phone last week, and I'm in Alaska so it is a real pain since Verizon isn't actually here.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr Maxx: People cannot hear me!
djosito123

I have had a similar issue except to add to the trouble the only thing i hear is what is coming into my microphone, I have called about this and other issues numerous times and never seem to get a solid answer from Verizon. Every time I call in I have to explain the situation from the beginning and get shuffled between different reps....6 months later I am still waiting for  resolution and have still not resolved this issue.

0 Likes
angpoc

I was on chat with Motorola tech support, and they went through the usual...nothing helped. My husband has the same phone, no issues. I have had this phone less than a week! (And I'm in Alaska, so just going to the store for another is not an option...I was hoping for an at-home fix...)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi angpoc,  Our goal is to make the troubleshooting process as easy as possible!  Does this happen with every call?  Have you had the opportunity to test a wired or Bluetooth headset?  While troubleshooting did we recommend a hard reset to clear any corruptions in the device?  It would be my pleasure to continue working with you to find a solution!

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport   

0 Likes
snbailey

If you put a screen protector on the phone, check to see if it is covering the microphone at the bottom.

0 Likes
angpoc

That is something I probably wouldn't have thought to check! But as it happens, the screen protector didn't go all the way down that far. But thank you for that!

0 Likes
angpoc

Thank you. I was able to use a Bluetooth device with the phone. And I tried a hard reset, which did not help. But my husband was able to get with the warranty center and have another phone sent to me. I didn't realize how easy it would be to switch 4G devices....didn't have to send it back to the Lower 48 to get it activated! So far, so good! Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Likes