Droid Razr Visual Voicemail Messages
Stuball76
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here recently, I have been getting a textmessage from Verizon about my visual voicemail everytime I get a voicemail.

The messages states:

"You have (X) unheard Visual Voice Mail messages.  Please select the Visual VM icon to reinstall.  Free Message from Verizon Wireless."

With that said, how do I do this since I don't have a visual voice mail icon other than the one I have on my home screen.  I can't find a way to reinstall it and this message is geting quite annoying.

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr Visual Voicemail Messages
dvorakce
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having the same issue on my Droid 4.  After 40 minutes on the phone with Verizon Tech Support, we determined that the issue on my phone at least was with the Handcent SMS app.  I had to uninstall the app for the VM application to function correctly.  The issue is that Verizon sends the phone a system text message indicating the specifics for the VM app to recognize as to whether or not there is a new voicemail following the phone call which was unanswered.  If there is a new voicemail, the app will make its icon appear in the status bar.  Handcent SMS is intercepting that system text message before the VM app gets it, hence the text message you are getting.  If you are using Handcent SMS, uninstall the app and your VM app should work correctly.  If you are using another SMS app, I would recommend uninstalling it to determine if that app is causing the same issue that Handcent SMS was on my phone.

B33
Legend

Well your Regular Voice mail should be with you plan but to have Visual Voice Mail that is an additional $2.99 Charge that they would tap to your Bill each Month i hope that answered some of your ? you was wanting to Know. b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you!

Worked for me 😃

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I had Handcent back in the Day on my droid X i didn't like it then an glad i did not install it on my New Maxx i use light flow an it's not that bad i use it for my Led indicator light an ringtone an notification Ringers..b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Dsqrd

I've been having the same issue on my Razr Maxx, and I'm also using Handcent as my SMS app. I really like it, so I don't want to uninstall it.  I like that it supports emoji emoticons, as well as the Privacy Box with separate notification settings...LOVE THAT!  I'm sure there are probably many other SMS apps out there that offer these features, though I haven't really looked around much.  If there are any suggestions, though, I'd love to hear Smiley Happy.  Anyway, I sent a bug report to Handcent in case they weren't aware of it, (and if they are, to let them know at least one other person is unhappy about it).  Hopefully, they will fix it in a future update.  For now, it's not a big enough issue for me to stop using it. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well that's a Good Deal an sounds like a keeper

0 Likes