Re: How can i disable the startup sound on the Droid Turbo?
AdMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just *finally* got the Verizon 21.44.8_Quark... Update and when my Turbo Droid rebooted she was muted and that sound was silenced.

Perhaps this issue may be fixed!? I am going to restart her again with a few different volume combinations to be sure. If I do not report back otherwise,please presume this is now a non issue.

AHW

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey sounds good let us know.!

AdMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: Ah, the sound of silence.

*MUST Mute volume prior to shutdown.

- Volume buttons have no effect if phone was not previously muted.

- Startup/Shutdown vibration remains (Behavior consistent with my previous Droid2 & Droid4).

HTH,

AHW

B33
Legend

GOOD Deal Smiley Happy guess this could be considered as a found solution b

0 Likes
rds24a
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed with AdMan and B33: This issue seems to be solved in the latest software update pushed out over the past couple of days. Behavior is now consistent with previous droid where the volume on/off preference at the previous shutdown is honored by the boot sound at startup.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

All Moto's are pretty close to having the same features,   I just tried the shut Down and my Maxx replicated the above it Vibrated on power up with NO sound which I'll admit is a Nice change b

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, all,

I have found the solution.  First, make sure your Droid Turbo has the latest device software.  Check in your settings for updates.  To mute the boot sequence when the Turbo first starts, make sure your device is either in vibrate mode or on silent.  Press the power key and when the prompt screen appears, select Power Off.  Once the Turbo is powered off, you can press the power key and the device will boot back up with the boot sequence muted.  If you try to reboot the Turbo by holding the power key until it restarts, the boot sequence will still have sound, regardless of your sound settings.  I found all this out by trying different boot methods.  I hope this helps and answers the question.  I really love my Droid Turbo.

Doc

B33
Legend

Great Solution Doc. and Happy New Years.! 

Gyrobob
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried it.  it doesn't work.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

So you Tried Doc's solution and it didn't work,  what I done on my Maxx and it should be near the same as to what Doc done is I pressed the power button it brings up:  Power Off  followed by  Airplane Mode followed by the choices of sound or No sound for the Device choose speaker with the slash through it.. Once you do that Tap power off then click the ok to complete the power Down,  then re-power up your Turbo by holding the power button and it should restart as my Droid Maxx just Did it may Vibrate but the Boot up sound was silenced..

is you Turbo still doing ok.. b

0 Likes