Keeps restarting, lock screen freezing, can't get to safe mode
jtotheleen

I recently got a Droid Turbo 2 days ago and it was great out of the box. I wanted something that could last a long time since I was going on a month-long trip out of the country (I am currently in the Marshall Islands). I was told by the store where I bought it that I could replace the SIM card and connect to the network, and so I tried that with a colleague's SIM card; I was able to make a call, but then it started acting up.

The lock screen would not allow me to unlock, so I tried restarting it several times. It would be fine upon restart, but once the screen turned dark, I got the same lock screen problem again. Even after I set lock screen to none, the lock screen kept coming off. Now, it has began shutting off whenever I try to reach a safe mode screen.

I'll be out of the country for another month, so I won't be able to bring it into a store, and I'm not really sure what to do. Also, on an unrelated note, I'm a Verizon Wireless customer, but every time I try to log in, it says that none of my information matches its records (not really sure how else to contact Verizon, since I can't call and don't know how else to reach them). This is very frustrating, and any help would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Keeps restarting, lock screen freezing, can't get to safe mode
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello again, Jaylene. Thanks for the update. Great troubleshooting, by the way! Yes, I agree that a replacement may be the best option. You can do that by phone (800-922-0204), visit a retail location, or I can help. Just let me know!

DionM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry for what's happening with your device, jotheleen. It's tough to imagine how upset you must be to be out of the country without the ability to use your device. While I'd love to help, the Turbo's behavior cannot be supported while a foriegn SIM card is attached to it. Does this only occur when your colleague's SIM is in the device, or did it also happen when your Verizon SIM was in it?

I can also see you've had some difficulty signing in at My Verizon Online. This has come up before with other cusotmers. We're finding that it happens when using WiFi services because some providers outside the country prevent security validation. Have you tried accessing the site from just one WiFi source or others?

DionM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jayelstrom

This is Jaylene - Had to create another community profile because of the same security validation problem. There aren't that many WiFi sources out here, but I'll try other areas if I get a chance.

I did think that it might have been caused by the foreign SIM card, so I changed it back to my Verizon SIM card after trying a couple times to use the phone on the GSM network here. Since then, all the problems I described have occurred with the original Verizon SIM inside. I have been testing my different options while on Airplane mode.

While charging it last night, I did not notice any problems - I could get past the sleep screen, and even when I set a lock screen up I was able to unlock it. However, as soon as I unplugged my phone, it immediately got "stuck" on the sleep screen (clock and lock icon), then restarted itself.

At this point, I've resigned myself to exchanging it for another phone when I return to the States.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello again, Jaylene. Thanks for the update. Great troubleshooting, by the way! Yes, I agree that a replacement may be the best option. You can do that by phone (800-922-0204), visit a retail location, or I can help. Just let me know!

DionM_VZW

0 Likes