Major issues after software update
sctrojangirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since the software update a few weeks ago, my basically brand new (November) Droid Maxx has been acting HORRIBLY. When I am inside a specific text message, click to the main screen and then click back into messages, it goes to the main message list, not the specific message I was in. This never happened before the update. When I turn off the phone, this problem is fixed for about 5 messages and then the issue arises again. Additionally, it temporarily freezes at times while messaging. It also is running extremely slow doing all tasks. I have very few apps and a ton of storage space and it was running fine before the update. I frequently run both the cache cleaner and task killer apps, as well as the Verizon Protection scan. Nothing helps. I went from loving this new phone to hating it in a matter of weeks. Help!

Labels (2)
merc7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would try deleting all messages... and power down and up the phone.

0 Likes
merc7
Enthusiast - Level 2

especially the offending conversation or thread

0 Likes
Re: Major issues after software update
cliffdog0
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have the same problem

i used to love this phone, it used to fly and be so fast, now all it does is lag and freeze up like 20 times a day.

I think the scum at verzion did this on purpose to make people so annoyed that they change there phone and lose there data plan,

Im considering leaving when my contract is up , they dont care if you leave, they only care about the dollar.

Good luck

B33
Legend

I would see if you can get a Replacement I took my Droid Maxx back from an issue stemming with the Camera and they DOA'd it.. My replacement is Operating allot better on Jelly Bean.. But if they can't do what was done for me you might Try running a Factory Reset.. 

0 Likes
gabbygal68
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did the factory reset on the droid Maxx for the same issue  the camera wouldn't load.    It didn't fix the problem.  I am trying to figure out what I do.  Do I take phone back to a Verizon store?  or do I just call Verizon?   I don't want to pay a deductible to have a phone replaced when I have only had it for a month Smiley Sad

B33
Legend

I understand it the rats when we try to fix our issues with our phones and they seem too continue, but if your close to a Corporate store and your not on a busy schedule I would go by and show a Rep. or even try to talk to an A.Manager or Manager show them the issue and just say you've tried your best to fix the issue with a reset and your out solutions to solve the issue in hand!  See if they will replace it on that for ya.. Good Luck and let me know what you found out.. b33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for completing troubleshooting gabbygal68. Let's review options! If there is no damage we can review warranty options. Please accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message. If there is any possible damage to the device you can then process an insurance claim here http://bit.ly/07CrqPK Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes