should I have received the kit kat update yet ? im in nyc area

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: kit kat update ?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Updates roll out in waves and it may just have not reached your phone yet.  You can check manually in the About Phone section of your phone's settings.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Updates roll out in waves and it may just have not reached your phone yet.  You can check manually in the About Phone section of your phone's settings.

0 Likes
fatbird

I still haven't got the update after 7 days since rolling out.  Have been check About Phone multiple times daily.  Should I worry about it?  What should I should if I never get the update?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depending on how many phones there are to update, it can sometimes take 2-3 weeks before the update gets to all phones.

0 Likes
kh7114

My update appeared to start but I was just shutting down my phone.  Now it isn't updating.  The System Updates just says "Checking for available updates".  Should I be worried?

0 Likes
fatbird

still haven't got the update.  I wish somebody at Verizon could do sth for me.

0 Likes
kh7114

Bueller?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

kh7114 wrote:

Bueller?

Food for thought. http://www.droid-life.com/2013/12/29/reports-of-droid-maxxultra-kit-kat-update-bricking-phones-arriv...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kh7114

Thanks! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
BRUCEWAGNER

I agree, Motorola also. checking with both nether are admitting anything. it's now two and a half weeks since the "roll out" and i check daily, but no update.

Motorola tried to tell me there may be a "folder" issue with my Maxx and tried to have me do some sort of reset that was imposable on the Maxx (you can not hold down both the volume up and down at the same time, it's a rocker switch!).

if the Kit Kat is delayed OK but come out and say it, don't leave us out there wounding if something else is wrong with our expansive phones.

0 Likes