Bought a new phone and now we can not receive incoming calls
gschannell

This week I bought a new Panasonic cordless handset with no answering machine to replace our AT&T desk phone. I set it all up and waited the 7 hours for it to charge. Checked for dial tone, ringer, and volume. Called the house # from my cell phone and the screen on the Panasonic never showed an incoming call - kicked into voice mail (provided by Verizon) after the preset 5 rings so I left a test message. Panasonic screen showed a "1 new voice mail message". I was able to dial the voice mail access phone # and listen to my test message. Disconnected the new handset and reconnected our old phone - worked just fine. Returned the Panasonic to the store where purchased and exchanged for another (same model). Sales assoc. said there may be a code needed from Verizon. Spent hours on the phone attempting to speak to a real person at the customer service # and decided none work there anymore - everything was automated! After "4 digit pin" frustrations I gave up!

So if you've read this far and can help I'd sure appreciate it! Line works fine, old phone works fine, checked ringer/volume on new phone. Only working phone jack in the house (used to have 2 but when we contracted with V last year they only changed over one - another frustration).   And how can I find out when our contract is up?!? 

0 Likes
Re: Bought a new phone and now we can not receive incoming calls
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your mostly talking to peers here.  Better off using the

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/contact-us/index.htm

option which is on all the Verizon pages.  Should always lead you to phone numbers (1-800-verizon) and often an online chat.  Sometimes will show you and email option.

As far as peers helping we would need to know  what type phone service and general area of the country.  Obviously varies as I have had no trouble with panasonic, uniden and other phones at my two locations (NY and FL).

0 Likes
Re: Bought a new phone and now we can not receive incoming calls
gschannell

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I understand this is a forum consisting of peers, but I was hoping that someone may have had a similar issue and could offer some advice.  I had already tried that support link, went through the troubleshooter (no help), got the 800 # and an opportunity to begin an Automated Chat. Called the 800 # and got more automation till I hit "0" trying to get out of that. Got into the CS queue then the auto voice asked me for a PIN which I don't have. About that time I was DONE!  Maybe I'll try again today now that I've cooled down a bit. Thanks again! ~ G 

0 Likes