Call Block
Jsmythe

If I block a number, what message does the blocked call hear, if they call my number?

i have had a blocked number call me 19 times this month. My phone rings twice then stops. If we get it before two rings, there is no one there. 

Is this a blocked call getting through?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Call Block
FURMA012VZ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm assuming we're talking about Landline Call Block (*60)
Note: FiOS customers manage call block online via MyVerizon, not *60.

The actual wording of the call block message varies depending on your area but it's usually something similar to:

"Your call has been properly delivered, but the party you are trying to reach is not accepting calls from your telephone number"

If the feature is working correctly, you should not hear any ringing as the block is performed at the central office switch and the call should be blocked before your phone would ring. If this is not happening, you should call Repair Service at 1-800-VERIZON.

If you're blocking a call on your cell phone, blocking the call sends it directly to voicemail unless you are using a network based call blocker such as Verizon Wireless Smart Family. The Verizon Wireless block message is:
"Welcome to Verizon Wireless, the number you have dialed has calling restrictions that have prevented the completion of your call..."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Call Block
FURMA012VZ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm assuming we're talking about Landline Call Block (*60)
Note: FiOS customers manage call block online via MyVerizon, not *60.

The actual wording of the call block message varies depending on your area but it's usually something similar to:

"Your call has been properly delivered, but the party you are trying to reach is not accepting calls from your telephone number"

If the feature is working correctly, you should not hear any ringing as the block is performed at the central office switch and the call should be blocked before your phone would ring. If this is not happening, you should call Repair Service at 1-800-VERIZON.

If you're blocking a call on your cell phone, blocking the call sends it directly to voicemail unless you are using a network based call blocker such as Verizon Wireless Smart Family. The Verizon Wireless block message is:
"Welcome to Verizon Wireless, the number you have dialed has calling restrictions that have prevented the completion of your call..."

0 Likes