Differences in dialing, 10-digit versus 7-digit dialing in same area
rls2199

I've had fios for 3 years. Within the last couple of months Verizon started offering fios TV in my area (518). I upgraded my serivce to add TV and I am over all happy with it. So, when a friend asked me about it I recommemnded it. Now I think I made a mistake, because they are not happy that they have to use 10-digit dialing. The weird thing is that in this area we don"t have 10 digit dialing and even with fios I don't have 10-digit dialing. I can't blame them for not being happy 10-digit dialing is a pain. My question is how come they have 10-digit dialing and I have regular 7-digit dialing? We both have fios and live in the same area. How can they get 7-digit dialing back?

0 Likes
Re: Differences in dialing, 10-digit versus 7-digit dialing in same area
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

They were probably moved to Verizon's Digital Voice product which has 10-digit dialing set as default. All they need to do is call up Verizon and ask for 7 digit dialing back.

Re: Differences in dialing, 10-digit versus 7-digit dialing in same area
knb4

In my area (757), once I was switched to digital phone, ten-digit dialing is required, and CANNOT be changed back to seven.  By the way, the associated backward steps (different, longer phone number for VM, etc) of the "upgrade" to digital phone also cannot be reversed.

0 Likes