FIOS phone suddenly dead
Dead_Fios_phone

It has been two days. Pick up the phone, no dial tone. Can't make calls. Call the number from another phone, it goes to directly to voicemail. The first online repair requests was closed without fixing the problem The second repair request is overdue. I request a straight answer for the root cause of the problem, and a straight answer for the delay in repairing this outage. I have checked out everything on this end. Rebooted the Verizon equipment and checked out the phone and lines. All are ok. When a phone is picked up ( off hook) what electrical transition needs to take place so that the central switch receives the digital signal from the FIOS equipment to then trigger the dial tone?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS phone suddenly dead
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dead_Fios_phone,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes