Internet cuts off everytime I answer the phone
LJMIrby

Everytime I answer the phone, my Internet cuts off.  When I hang up the phone, the Internet comes back and I can connect.  I did not have this problem until we had the TV's connected to Fios.

0 Likes
Re: Internet cuts off everytime I answer the phone
Justin46
Legend

@LJMIrby wrote:

Everytime I answer the phone, my Internet cuts off.  When I hang up the phone, the Internet comes back and I can connect.  I did not have this problem until we had the TV's connected to Fios.

You don't say so but I am guessing you are using a 2.4 GHz cordless home phone and a wireless connection from your router for your PC(s). If so, usually the easiest fix is to log into the router and change the channel that the router is using for wireless for your PC. I think by default the router is set to automatically pick the channel to use; just change the setting to use one of these channels: 1, 6, or 11. Depending on the activity in your area you may have to try all of those to find the one that works best. For me, I found that channel 1 works best with my cordless phone and my neighbor's wireless internet, but your experience may be different.

Keller, TX 76248