Is There a POTS Phone Adapter for Digital Phone Service?
analog_phone

My old analog POTS phone would work before Verizon switched my phone service to Verizon Digital.

I need it for those times when a lightening storm broke house power to the Verizon digital service, and to the

ONT i guess.

I do not know what the term "ATA" means.

Can I buy an adapter to attach to my POTS analog phone to work with my Verizon digital phone service?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is There a POTS Phone Adapter for Digital Phone Service?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think this is the answer to the asked question.

Verizon offers an auxiliary power unit for the Alcatel-Lucent (Nokia) 211 ONT. The downside to that particular unit is that it requires 12 non-rechargeable "D" batteries to operate. Once they wear out, they get tossed and 12 more would need to be purchased.

To sustain the entire ONT during a power failure, consider purchasing a UPS that will keep all three services going until the internal & rechargeable battery(ies) drain out.

View solution in original post

Re: Is There a POTS Phone Adapter for Digital Phone Service?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think this is the answer to the asked question.

Verizon offers an auxiliary power unit for the Alcatel-Lucent (Nokia) 211 ONT. The downside to that particular unit is that it requires 12 non-rechargeable "D" batteries to operate. Once they wear out, they get tossed and 12 more would need to be purchased.

To sustain the entire ONT during a power failure, consider purchasing a UPS that will keep all three services going until the internal & rechargeable battery(ies) drain out.