Landline
CCOO

Does anyone know the most inexpensive way to keep a landline number JUST for incoming calls and in the event of an emergency 911 call? I am currently paying close to $60 per month (includes inside wire maintenance).   

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Landline
jonjones1
Legend

@CCOO wrote:

Does anyone know the most inexpensive way to keep a landline number JUST for incoming calls and in the event of an emergency 911 call? I am currently paying close to $60 per month (includes inside wire maintenance).   

The best way is to get a MagicJack and pay $35 for the device and get a year of free service. You then pay them to port in your number from Verizon. Don’t drop phone service until this port is completed then drop the service. So you save $720 a year by going to VoIP doggle. You will need to connect it to your computer or to your internet router but it’s a huge savings.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can drop some features like touch tone and go to pulse. Also caller Id/call waiting and the maint plan. Do you have a alarm? You'll probably need to keep touch tone but if not go to pulse. You can also drop you phone to bare minimum calling like just in your exchange. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CCOO wrote:

The best way is to get a MagicJack and pay $35 for the device and get a year of free service. You then pay them to port in your number from Verizon. Don’t drop phone service until this port is completed then drop the service. So you save $720 a year by going to VoIP doggle. You will need to connect it to your computer or to your internet router but it’s a huge savings.

0 Likes
Copper11

Years ago signed up for "message rate" which allows 30 calls? per month (not sure, might be more) instead of unlimited.  We don't have any other features.  Our bill with taxes, surcharges and fees are about $28.  Long distance service is provided by another company, not Verizon.

0 Likes