* VLD Shortfall Charge???
republic15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Each month Verizon continue to charge me $6 for Verizon Long Distant Shortfall Charge. I told them I don't want long distant service because I use my cellphone instead. The operator said because I have Lifeline Service they have to charge me the $6. Is that correct? Can I have Lifeline Service for my main phone but refuse to get the VLD?

Re: * VLD Shortfall Charge???
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I have sent you a private message to get more information regarding your account.

Thanks,

dadaleus1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem. I have the minimum measured rate service as an emergency only line. I said I did not want or need long distance when I got the line, and I was quoted a price that didn't include it, but then the bill comes and they've added this $6 VLD Shortfall Charge. This was not included the in price I was quoted. I called Verizon but after 30 minutes no hold I gave up. How do I get rid of this charge?

jansnyd2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wasnt notified of the shortfall charges. There have been alot of changes to my bill and the dsl keeps going up with no njotification also. Verizon is getting horrible with the sneaky way they are doing the billing. If this is going to continue then we will have to look into a different carrier. After this many yrs with verizon a little respect would be nice!

brandonas85

has anyone been able to resolve this issue? I too noticed this on my bill.

0 Likes
franandjim
Enthusiast - Level 1

Grand theft by Verizon?  Shortfall fees, regardless of explanation of corporate rationale, are merely charges you incur for failing to be sufficiently profitable to Verizon.  You don't use the long distance service enough to provide the marginal amount their "thinking economic heads" predetermine you should in order to meet their projected earning levels. 

I am being charged shortfall fees on a phone that receives no long distance service; long distance service is in fact blocked (at least is supposed to be blocked; I've got to phone tomorrow and check on it)   from use on this phone. Adding financial insult to injury, Verizon has the audacity to charge for BOTH the "shortfall" AND the block.   Small wonder I chose to remain with Comcast (Comnasty) for my other services (and may yet give them my telephone services).

0 Likes