Verizon FIOS Phone Question.
DJHA90

I already have FIOS for my internet and TV.  Im wanting to upgrade to digital phone also.  How is this set up?  I currently am using t-mobile and it uses a separate router to which I can connect a cordless phone system and have extensions throughout the house.   Will I have the ability to use the same cordless phone system?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS Phone Question.
milhaus_vz
Contributor - Level 1

DJHA90 --
Thanks for using our online forums.  Inside your home, the FiOS telephone service is no different from standard copper service.  You hook your phones into your wall jacks like normal and use your existing phones.  There is no special equipment required.  We will just come out and move your wiring outside over to the FiOS terminal box.
^MRM

0 Likes
LW
Enthusiast - Level 2

With a bundle, it was actually five dollars cheaper for me to include FiOS Phone with FiOS TV & Internet.

0 Likes
bubba024
Enthusiast - Level 1

When you switch be cautious about the FIOS digital service VOICEMAIL.    It may be a shocker if you use any other VOICEMAIL as Verizon Wireless, sprint, etc.....

The problem is when you save a message, they don't erase  it after a time period - verizon just annoys you to listen to and delete all old messages before you can hear a new Voicemail that just arrived.  This is progress at its best.

0 Likes
ljm3

I would be careful because my FIOS phone line will drop calls as I am talking.  Currently those "free" services that come with the plan like call forwarding will not work.  I was promised it would be done by 5pm today and the order is still not complete.  I was also told it would be completed Wednesday but the customer service agent never submitted a repair ticket.  So far I am not impressed with FIOS phone service all these problems and I've only had the service for about a month.  I have other issues but I think you get the idea of how well this works.,

0 Likes