Voicemail Notifications from Someone Else's Number
mcc3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has "fixed" this problem 3 times over the past 2+ years but it keeps reappearing.  Apparently even the best techs I have spoken with cannot get to the root cause and permanently eliminate it.  I am truly sorry for the long post but it is necessary to accurately describe the problem.

In a nutshell, I am receiving someone else's landline voicemail notifications on my cell phone.  I live in Maryland and my smartphone on Vz wireless receives voicemail notifications for a landline number belonging to a woman in Syracuse NY.   I do not know her  I have spoken to her one time and she says she has not set up voicemail forwarding to my cell number on her landline account.  I receive the notification but not the voicemail content since I do not know what her 4-digit pin is.  You would think that this problem could be easily fixed but the solution has eluded the Vz techs (2 of the 3 seemed quite knowledgeable!) for more than 2 years!

My Vz wireless number is in the 301 exchange.  The NY woman's number is in the 315 exchange.  The 315 exchange has been involved in a split and an overlay according to my research.  I have no idea if this is relevant to the problem.  I do know the woman's complete 315 exchange number and I receive notifications both announcing her personalized name ID message and also with only her number spoken by the Vz system.  If she DID enter my number in error when she set up her voicemail system, why cannot Vz invalidate that entry?  I have had my Vz wireless number for many years and do not want to change it to get rid of this persistent problem that Verizon seems unable to fix.

Some days I receive none of the erroneous notifications.  On the worst days I receive 5 or 6.  I pay for 3 unlimited lines on Vz wireless and also pay for triple play with gigabit internet.  In other words, I pay a load of money every month and Vz has not fixed this annoying problem.   Getting to Vz support on the phone is like waiting for Hell to freeze over and then starting from scratch, often with someone I can barely understand (if at all)! I'm getting  "madder and madder" as I write this so will stop here.  My question to forum members is:  What would you do?  I think that Vz should step up to the plate and get to the root cause of this problem and fix it. But how do I get them to do that?

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail Notifications from Someone Else's Number
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mcc,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes