issue with cordless phone not being able to call out
bigdaddy1

I have a cordless phone system that has my answer machine and three phones running on it. Since I installed vios I cannot call out. I can receive calls and caller ID works, but I cannot call out. The phone has a dial tone when I pick it up but when I try to dial out I get silence. Tech support says I need a new phone ($110 for same type system) There goes my $150 rebate they gave me for signing up>>>>>>The first tech guy I called says this does happen on cordless systems due to an IP running in the background. When I contacted billing to change they got another tech guy who just said I need a new Phone due to Vios uses less power and that might be my phone issue. Anyone else have this type issue??

0 Likes
Re: issue with cordless phone not being able to call out
VZ_Lori
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi bigdaddy1,

Sorry to hear you are having isues calling out on your phone.  I have a few questions. Did you try using another phone? Maybe borrow a neighbors or relative just to verify it is your cordless phone. Have you ever been able to call out at all? When were you installed? Was it recently? Let me know. 

Lori

Verizon Telecom

Fiber Solutions Center

0 Likes