landline out of service since June 5
yyl
Enthusiast - Level 1

been a verizon customer for the last 15 years, this is the first time we had issue with the landline.  could place a call but could not receive a call.  A tech came to our house pretty quick (2 days) after submitting issue over the phone.  He did some troubleshootting in the house, found nothing wrong inside, then he went to some box outside on the street to do more troubleshooting, came back and told us that there was problem with the line outside that he would open a trouble ticket to get another team out to get it fixed the next day (Saturday June 8).  After he left, we realized we could not make calls anymore (phone shows line in use) after whatever he did to the box outside on the street.  We figured no biggie, everything would get fixed the next day anyway.  But nothing appareantly happened the next day, no followup calls from Verizon either to at least let us know it was rescheduled or anything.  Called on Monday (June 10) morning, was told someone was being dispatched to get the problem fixed on that day.  So we waited, nothing happened by the end of the day, no calls from Verizon either.  We called again, were told if it did not get fixed by Wednesday, call them back again.  Waited 2 more days, another happened either, no calls from Verizon.  Called again Wednesday night, were told that it had been rescheduled for the 24th.  what the heck???, we were totally not happy about it, called again to ask to have it escalated, the rep assured us it would be taken care of on Saturday June 15.  Again, by the end of the day on Saturday, phone line still not working, very very disappointed and tired of calling Verizon.  anyway, called again, we were told it had been reschedule to Friday June 21.  again, no one had ever called us to at least let us know the scheduling change, asked for escalation again, spoke to a rep who told us that she would write an email to the field op manager to escalate the issue, and she would call me back at 11am today to give me an update.  We are currently waiting for that call back and just came here to rant.   I personally have never had a worse customer service/follow up in anything i dealt with in the past than how Verizon is handling our phoneline issue in this case. 

Re: landline out of service since June 5
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.  Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello yyl,

We'll be closing your private thread due to non-response. If you require further assistance from us, please feel free to reach out to us again.

Best,

Art

0 Likes
Apayincustumer
Enthusiast - Level 2
I feel your pain I'm going thru the same and mine has been ongoing since March 20th. It's an endless number of calls and promises with no follow up. But the bills are consistent and the email reminders advise you the due date. The billing has no issue but customer service and phone service isn't a priority with Verizon. The reps you get in the phone aren't trained to handle a customer issue. They're trained to make an excuse and promises to get you off the phone. As I've said in a previous post file BBB and FCC complaints ..they are held responsible by the FCC for repair resolutions as well as long hold times are filed with the FCC. Verizon has to have enough reps to handle calls within FCC guidelines. They can be fined for lengthy hold times. So please file your complaints if you want an answer with a few minutes instead of nearly and hour.
0 Likes