Pay bill for my friend's closed account
bugler1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got a bill for my previous resident who is my friend from Verizon last week.

He moved to abroad and his account has been closed.

Verizon agents who I contacted told me that my friend should call them himself.

But because of jet lag, he has trouble with keep in touch with Verizon agent.

So he wants me to pay his bill on his behalf.

I wonder whether I can pay that bill on his behalf, if possible, what information about him I should know.

If it is difficult, I want to know how he can pay his bill from abroad on his closed account.

0 Likes
1 Solution
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking mostly to other customers here.  If you want to reach Verizon's residential services support team, use the "contact us" link at the bottom of these pages.

That said, I suggest you get a copy of the bill from your friend and mail them a check.  Make sure you put the account number on the check and mail it to the address on the bill.  They won't care whose account the check is drawn on, as long as it clears.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking mostly to other customers here.  If you want to reach Verizon's residential services support team, use the "contact us" link at the bottom of these pages.

That said, I suggest you get a copy of the bill from your friend and mail them a check.  Make sure you put the account number on the check and mail it to the address on the bill.  They won't care whose account the check is drawn on, as long as it clears.