3mbps to 2mbps?
Vonskies
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got my Internet back on this week and when I checked the 192.168.1.1 page, it shows 2mbps instead of 3mbps (I'm using the 1.1 - 3mbps plan). Is there anyway to fix it? By the way, I'm using the Westell 6100F model.

0 Likes
Re: 3mbps to 2mbps?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Visit http://192.168.1.1/

#2 Choose System Monitoring, Advanced Statistics, and then Transceiver Statistics.

#3 If you need a Username and Password, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

#4 Paste up the contents of the page you see.

Vonskies
Enthusiast - Level 2

Transceiver Revision: 7.2.3.0

Vendor ID Code: 4  

Line Mode: G.DMT Mode  

Data Path: Interleaved

(Transceiver Information - Downstream Path - Upstream Path)

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) - 2112 - 864

Margin (dB) - 25.5 - 11.0

Line Attenuation (dB) - 39.0 - 24.0

Transmit Power (dBm) - 17.9 - 11.8

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, your statistics are definitely good enough to handle the full rate, still. If your connection was down it's possible Verizon temporarilly turned the speed down. Give it a few days to see if it returns. If not, let us know.

Vonskies
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, it didn't return.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK. Visit the Verizon Direct forum over at DSLReports (you will need to register an account there) and ask them to reset your provisioning back to the 3Mbps rate. Even though Verizon does have a system that automatically sets lines at certain speeds during certain conditions, away from what ADSL does naturally under poor conditions, there is always someone in the company who can over-ride the said system. They should be able to fix it up for you and get you running up to speed again.