Account Sent To Collections Even Though The Final Bill Was Paid In Full, Twice
BillProblemo

Hello World,

Yet another Verizon billing boondoggle.  My account was sent to collections this month, even though I paid the final bill amount in full, twice.  I have 2 confirmations from Verizon that they received my payment; they took the money out of my account twice, and then mysteriously redeposited the money back in several weeks after the payment, with no notification of why or attempt to contact me.

Here's the synopsis:

In August, I moved out of the apartment where I had the internet-only account (no TV or telephone line associated with it.)  I called to cancel and was informed that I'd get a final bill.  When the final bill arrived in September, I paid it on 9/14 via the online portal.  I received a lovely email payment confirmation and the money was deducted from my bank account.  Everything was hunky-dory.  

Then, on 9/30/13, the payment is refunded to my checking account.  A bill dated 10/1/13 is mailed out, which I again pay, this time on 10/15/13.  I get another payment confirmation, and the money is deducted from my account.  Then, on 10/29/13, the payment is refunded to my checking account.

I was all set to repeat the process for a 3rd month in a row, when instead of a Verizon bill, I get a collections letter from IC Collections dated 11/1/13.  Thanks Verizon!  As you don't know or care, I'm in the midst of getting a mortgage and you sending this bogus claim to collections has dinged my credit score - way to go!!!

I tried contacting Verizon directly, but the phone system won't talk to me - because they've transferred my account to IC Collections.  The nice lady at the online chat, Katelyn, for with whom I waited 20 patient minutes to chat, was apologetic but couldn't help.  At the end, she told me it was a billing issue, and not her department - even though I was chatting with the Payment Arrangements / Final Billing portal!

Well done, Verizon, you've successfully lost another customer.  My new place has super fast internet from a competitor.  I don't plan on dealing with your lousy service again.

Adios! 

0 Likes
Re: Account Sent To Collections Even Though The Final Bill Was Paid In Full, Twice
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi BillProblemo,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Account Sent To Collections Even Though The Final Bill Was Paid In Full, Twice
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello BillProblemo,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need assistance with your final bill or ever need help with anything else, let us know in a new public post.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes