Actiontec Rev D or I with Apple Extreme
ksoza1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have had a Rev D for years bridged to an Apple Extereme for better wireless speed.  All has been good and recently was upgraded to 75/75 and sent a redband Rev i router.  Since I have the Apple Extreme for N speeds, any reason to swap out to the I rounter, aside from the fact the redband rounter it is newer.  Will it add anything or would it offer better wireless performance than the Apple Extereme?

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec Rev D or I with Apple Extreme
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Apple AirPort Extreme will likely still be the better wireless performer overall. You'll want to do an A-B comparison against the two units for a stability and speed check. In your case, the Rev. I will support newer MoCa revisions, has more RAM and CPU, in addition to having a Gigabit switch within it. The Wireless radio caps at 130Mbps theoretical.

ksoza1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks. Shoud set-up be the same - in other workds basically unplug old router, plug in new and the bridging should work?  I alsways hate changing stuff that is working fine - but the new router probbaly makes sense.  

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pretty much. Without knowing the specifics as to how your ActionTec and Apple units are set up, I can't give a definite answer.

0 Likes