Activate Verizon Fios Internet Early
ekim1394

Hello,

I purchased Verizon Fios standalone internet yesterday, and wanted to set it up with my own router via ethernet. The apartment that I have moved into already has an ONT installed, so I went for the self-install option. The earliest I was able to set my service delivery date was March 8th 2017, however I would like it much sooner than that. After talking to customer service numerous times, they all gave me varied responses, but ultimately were unable to help me.

I am a little confused as to why I cannot have my internet switched on from the central office. I have gotten a variety of reasons such as, the order is too recent, there are preinstallation requirements that must be fulfilled, and there are preexisting orders in my apartment. Whatever the reasons were, ultimately, I was told that I could do nothing but wait until March 8th.

My question is if it is even remotely possible at all to switch on my internet? Or am I forced to wait until next week?

Concerned Consumer,

Eugene

0 Likes
Re: Activate Verizon Fios Internet Early
jonjones1
Legend

@ekim1394 wrote:

Hello,

I purchased Verizon Fios standalone internet yesterday, and wanted to set it up with my own router via ethernet. The apartment that I have moved into already has an ONT installed, so I went for the self-install option. The earliest I was able to set my service delivery date was March 8th 2017, however I would like it much sooner than that. After talking to customer service numerous times, they all gave me varied responses, but ultimately were unable to help me.

I am a little confused as to why I cannot have my internet switched on from the central office. I have gotten a variety of reasons such as, the order is too recent, there are preinstallation requirements that must be fulfilled, and there are preexisting orders in my apartment. Whatever the reasons were, ultimately, I was told that I could do nothing but wait until March 8th.

My question is if it is even remotely possible at all to switch on my internet? Or am I forced to wait until next week?

Concerned Consumer,

Eugene

It's nice to be anxious to have your new service but not very likely it will happen before they say it will happen. It takes time to set up your service (it's not just flipping a switch) there may be lines that have to be provisioned which you cannot do yourself.

terminals that need to be connected or routed etc.

then your bill activation cycle may be on or around the install date.

just wait and it will be all taken care of.

0 Likes
ekim1394

So the part I'm confused about is that the initial order I placed had an activation date of 3/3 but it was a technician visit. 

Due to the order being incorrect, I was led to cancel that order and create a new order with the right specifications but got moved to a date of 3/8. 

This means that either it is possible to simply activate my internet or the technician would have come set up my router only to tell me that I can't connect until Wednesday. 

I'm just trying to understand why exactly my internet can't simply be started. It is obvious that I am missing information and trying to learn more to avoid it in the future.

Tl;Dr technician visit allowed for earlier start date; self install pushes activation date. Why????

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ekim1394,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes