Advanced Routing / Multiple Subnets
kmokeefe

I have a standard installation for my home network using 192.168.1.0/24.    My main terminal is on this subnet.     I want to reach two other subnets from this terminal.      The other subnets do not need internet access.     I just want to be able to reach endpoints from the main subnet.

Any suggestion on how to accomplish this on the ActionTec router?

0 Likes
Re: Advanced Routing / Multiple Subnets
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to build a static route/s on the Verizon router that points to the other subnet/s

e.g. subnet 2  192.168.2.0 mask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.0.250 (the wan address of the gateway router for subnet2 )

I can make that work fine ane get to the destination router admin with no issue but still can't get to a destination end node of the subnet 2 router.

Theoretically you should be able to assign a specific device route, though should not be necessary

e.g. serveronsubnet2 192.168.2.10 mask 255.255.255.255 gateway 192.168.0.250

Be aware that when you build the static route you will need to to port forward the access thru the secondary routers.  For reaching the secondary router admin pages I just turned on allow remote admin as you can't pf to the router itself.

Will be very interested if anybody else could chime in and explain what I am missing in getting to end nodes off the secondary routers.

0 Likes
kmokeefe

Thanks!   Where are the routes entered?   

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Advanced

Routing

New Route