Another slow DSL network complaint.
Mam1953
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have had slower than normal internet speeds.  Very irritating to try to access anything online, since the latest Microsoft Security updates ate my whole bandwidth for the past 3 days!!

During that period, my download speed was .027Mbps.!!   Yes, that is no typing error!

upload speed was .282.

My download speed is now .435 Mbps

upload speed is now .318 Mbps

I should be double the download speed.

I had called VZ support last weekend due to no internet connection at all.  Come to find out my wall phone DSL filter had died.

After rigging the wall phone to a small line filter, the phone and the internet came back.  But the Rep said I was paying for too much speed and would lower it, telling me to call to change my billing.  I did NOT call to change my billing because I do not want my speed lowered.  Could this service call be a contributing factor to the slower speeds??

I need reliable internet connection speeds.  (No FIOS here anytime soon.)  What's up Verizon?

Re: Another slow DSL network complaint.
shadmaster3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also would love to know whats going on lately with this slow speed problem. I am paying Verizon for 1-3Mbps and getting .865 download 24 hours a day and Verizon always says no problem at our end. I am in 24095 area code in Va. and try speedtest.net as verizon recommends and several other companies and they all are close to the same readings. Up until a month ago,I was getting at least 1.5 which I thought was slow enough. Computer only 9 months old. This .8 speed crap is close to dial up! I get so sick and tired of calling Verizon and get nothing but a bunch of offers to bundle this or upgrade that. I want help and not sales pitches! ANYONE agree?

0 Likes
vsr2

Count me in the same boat.  My service has been getting slower and slower., down to .045 upload and .060 download respectively.  And I too am paying for 1-3 Mbps.  Seriously will have to look into cable, although I just dropped that for my Tv in favor of Direct TV due to overpriced and poor service, just like Verizon.

0 Likes
Mr_McLovin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Smiley Sad

You can add me to the list. Starting about a week and a half ago I have been experiencing download speeds of 356kb and lower measured via the Verizon speed test and Speedtest.net sites. I can't even watch a Youtube video at this point. The upload speed has remained at my provisioned rate. I am on the "Enhanced" internet package of 1 MBS download speed via a Dryloop. I have called technical support, and after going through the usual script was passed to a level 2 tech. They are currently testing the line and are supposed to call back tomorrow. I was issued a trouble ticket number. Long Island, New York area here.

0 Likes
yoduhh1
Enthusiast - Level 2

i too have the enhanced dls and am getting .44 mbps download and .34 mpbs upload.  i can't watch any streaming content anymore.  i know it's not my computer because i get 1.14 mbps download with another service.  if the speed doesn't improve, i'll be taking my business elsewhere.  i'm in the n. va. area.

0 Likes
yoduhh1
Enthusiast - Level 2

here is a pic of my lastest speed test 

0 Likes
yoduhh1
Enthusiast - Level 2

got some additional info

i'm paying for:

Download 1.1 to 1.5 Mbps

Upload 768 Kbs

and getting according to westell, slightly higher than speed tests::

Transceiver Revision: 01.00.09.00 

Vendor ID Code:        4 

Line Mode:               G.DMT Mode 

Data Path: Interleaved

Transceiver Information

Down Stream Path

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 512

Margin (dB) 16.5

Line Attenuation (dB) 59.0

Transmit Power (dBm) 14.5

Up Stream Path:

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 448

Margin (dB) 20.0

Line Attenuation (dB) 31.5

Transmit Power (dBm) 11.1

UPDATE - WENT ON SUPPORT LIVE CHAT AND GOT IT ALL FIXED an getting correct speed now.  try it.

Mr_McLovin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here are my speedtest results just taken from the Verizon Speedtest website:

Broadband Speed Test

Speed Test for the North East region

We have finished your connection speed test for NY - New York.

Your download
speed is

0.263 Mbps.
Your upload
speed is

0.384 Mbps.
Let us check your
current Verizon Internet
speed package.

Your connection speed test has finished. You can review test

For these kind of speeds I could've stayed with dial up and saved myself $20.00 a month. Webpages barely load, and since no one has called me back, it looks like I will be on the phone with Tech Support again. I have to honestly say that I wouldn't recommend Verizon to anyone.
0 Likes
_Nader

I have my internet Disconnecting every few minutes.  Phone calls also disconnecting at the same time for 3 days now.

0 Likes
shadmaster3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess I will just have to call again to try and get what I am paying for. Still can't watch video and download is .84 at its best. How do they call it enhanced internet?

0 Likes