Any firmware update for WCB6200Q wifi-extender?
Pyao
Contributor - Level 1

I bought it from Verizon with firmware 1.1.04.31.

http://opensource.actiontec.com/wcb6200.html

Shows that 1.1.10.20 is available.

It has been working fine for a while but recently the 5G bandwidth is giving me 14Mbps instead of 80.   If I power cycle the WCB6200, then I can get 80Mbps again on IPad Prod.  The next day it goes back to 14Mbps.

0 Likes
Re: Any firmware update for WCB6200Q wifi-extender?
jonjones1
Legend

@Pyao wrote:

I bought it from Verizon with firmware 1.1.04.31.

http://opensource.actiontec.com/wcb6200.html

Shows that 1.1.10.20 is available.

It has been working fine for a while but recently the 5G bandwidth is giving me 14Mbps instead of 80.   If I power cycle the WCB6200, then I can get 80Mbps again on IPad Prod.  The next day it goes back to 14Mbps.

Normally firmware updates are pushed out via the providers or in certain cases by the manufacturer of your device. You could try to unplug and then plug back in to see if the update happens . In certain situations you could go to the vendors site and see how to push the update yourself.

PeterK

I am having the same issue with that firmware version.  5 GHz channel drops out over night and all the connected WiFi devices switch to the 2.4 GHz network.  5 GHz light on the extender even goes out.  This seems like a power saving feature of some type.  Would be nice to have the ability to override it.

0 Likes
PeterK

I was having wireless issues at home after a power failure and decided to press and hold the WPS button on the extender.  After the extender was back up and running I noticed the code is now 1.1.04.36.  The GUI has a different look but nothing else is visible in terms of new features.

Peter

0 Likes
Jack21117
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actiontec website says that ISPs requested they not publish latest firmware or rev list so th ISPs can keep us all at their mercy and in the dark I suppose. MyJuly purchased WCB 6200Q hacks rev 1.1.04.36. Hey Verizon, ever heard of KRACK?