Apple Time Capsule Won't Stay Connected
mfahy1320
Enthusiast - Level 1
After Verizon upgraded my router to the 9100EM my Apple Time Capsule Connects to the router but won't stay connected all the time. I have to go into router management console a couple of times a day and reboot it the restore connection. Time Capsule is connected to router by lan cable into port 1 of router. Time capsule set in bridge mode I believe. Just from time to time when I run Air Port Utility Time Capsule has green light but internet goes orange once i reboot I'm good for several hours then loses connection and have to reboot again. Tried looking for other settings to adjust but haven't found anything to help. If any body has any suggestions please help, it just gets old having to reset all the time
0 Likes
Re: Apple Time Capsule Won't Stay Connected
AlphaB
Contributor - Level 1

If you are using a Mac, which OS is installed?  

Use Software Update to make sure you have all the latest updates.

Repair permissions.

Change your router (Airport) channel.  Most times this all you have to do!

mfahy1320
Enthusiast - Level 1
Running Mac OS X 10.7.4 all updates installed, how do you repair permissions? and will try changing channel on air port, any other suggestions if that doesn't help?
0 Likes
AlphaB
Contributor - Level 1

Repairing permission instructions are in the OS Help Menu and you can find them in Apple's Knowlede Base

Another thing you can do is OS X Lion: About Lion Recovery

& post on Apple's message board in the Mac OS X v10.7 Lion Community

===================

Power cycling the router. Read the router's user manual or contact their tech support for instructions.

System Preferences/Internet & Network/Network

Unlock the padlock

Locations: Automatic

Highlight Airport

Click the Assist Me button

In the popup window click the Diagnostic button.

System Preferences/Network- Unlock padlock.  Highlight Airport.  Network Name-select your name.  Click on the Advanced button.  Airport/Preferred Networks-delete all that is not your network.

Place a check mark next to "Remember networks this computer has joined."  Click the OK button and lock the padlock.  Restart your computer.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1920 Mac OS: How to release and renew a DHCP lease

No internet connection (wireless)

Check to see if an extra entry is present in the DNS Tab for your wireless connection (System Preferences/Network/Airport/Advanced/DNS).

Delete all extra entries that you find.

Place a check mark next to "Remember networks this computer has joined."

Other resources to check into:

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues in OS X Lion and Mac OS X v10.6

Netspot

How to diagnose and resolve Wi-Fi slow-downs

Pv6 troubleshooting

What Affects Wireless Internet?

Solutions for connecting to the Internet, setting up a small network, and troubleshooting

0 Likes