COMPLAINT
andee73

I had Verizon Fios for 2 years and canceled my service a week ago due to moving to an area that didn't have Fios. When I called to cancel I told that to the lady I spoke to and she processed the cancellation... she asked me 3 TIMES why I was cancelling the service but never asked me my new address. I did receive a confirmation of the cancellation so I know that went through. I called 5 days ago to give them the new address and it took me 4 phone calls and 45 minutes on hold to give the address to a human. Today I received a phone call from a man with Verizon Fios asking me if I'd received my equipment return package yet, and he had the OLD address still so I had to give him the address yet again. The return package that was shipped to my old address is supposedly being forwarded to me but at the same time I keep getting texts and emails about the package. I've received 10 TEXTS and numerous emails telling me that my package has been shipped but yet nothing has been received. I'd previously tried to return my equipment to a Verizon store but they told me that they didn't handle Fios so they couldn't accept it and I'd have to take it to another location, yet there was a big sign advertising Fios in the store. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult to cancel the account and return equipment.... I have limited minutes on my cell phone and I spent quite a few of them talking to your people. The guy I spoke to today repeatedly told me that when I received the return package it was very important that I send it out as quick as I could... I told him that as soon as I get 1 package the equipment will be on its way there. I just have to wait for the package. So, Verizon, WHY do you make this so hard for your customers?? I loved Fios while I had it but after this I will have to think twice before I sign up with Verizon again. 

0 Likes
Re: COMPLAINT
andee731

Thank you for responding to my post (I had to change my user name from tymtraveler1973 to andee73) but I posted it over a year ago. I hadn't expected that no one would reply for that long, to be honest. My complaint was not about a Fios renewal order, it was about the problem I was having with Verizon customer service people and not being able to get a single one of the boxes they were supposed to have shipped me to return my equipment when I moved out of Fios coverage. However, I've since returned my equipment using my own packaging, and I've gotten everything else taken care of so have no need for anything further at this time. 

0 Likes
Re: COMPLAINT
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

These forums are mostly for peer to peer support.  So none of us peers felt there was anything we could comment on. 

The few Verizon admins that are here will normally only respond to problems they can help you escalate to support.

0 Likes