Can I replace my rented G1100 on Verizon with a G1100 that was used with Frontier?
m289
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have Verizon FIOS triple play and the connection to the rented Verizon G1100 is coax (no ethernet cable). Is replacing this with a G1100 that was used with Frontier service a plug and play process, or do I need to mess around with provisioning and get Verizon tech support involved?

0 Likes
Re: Can I replace my rented G1100 on Verizon with a G1100 that was used with Frontier?
jonjones1
Legend

Do not use the frontier g1100 it has been posted to cause issues.

0 Likes
Re: Can I replace my rented G1100 on Verizon with a G1100 that was used with Frontier?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

IF he owns the G1100, the Frontier software can be replaced with the Verizon version and it should then work.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tns2 wrote:

IF he owns the G1100, the Frontier software can be replaced with the Verizon version and it should then work.

I have read at DSL Reports that it is not a given that such a firmware upgrade will occur.

Many others who got suckered on Amazon via buying the Frontier version find Verizon will not make it usable or stable. But you never know.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Never had a g1100, but on the Actiontec's you can point to a copy of firmware on you PC and force an install.

0 Likes