Can I use BOTH Verizon DSL Wireless AND DISHnet Wireless at the same time?
reneeh947

Waiting for Dishnet contract to die and rot away but about 2 months to go.  Want to get with Verison Standard DSL Wireless as no data cap tho slower.

I can just wait till Dishnet dies and keep bumping into data caps with the Dish service OR can I get the DSL setup and use one connex for the iMac and one for the iPad without any conflicts?

I am so ignorant of technology that I see a Swing-a-Way hand crank can opener as a marvel of industrial magic,....so please talk simple words to me, 🙂 

Thanks

DH

0 Likes
Re: Can I use BOTH Verizon DSL Wireless AND DISHnet Wireless at the same time?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sign up for the fastest DSL package that you can. Even if the overall speed is slower, the fact that you won't be going over a satellite connection anymore should make the Internet *that* much faster. The Wireless Gateway should come included.

You can use both services at once, although note that determining how you plan to use both at the same time is going to be another story. Some people use Dual WAN routers (as in, routers that accept two Internet connections and can balance between the two). Others will use the connections separately, by moving devices between the two connections as needed.

Re: Can I use BOTH Verizon DSL Wireless AND DISHnet Wireless at the same time?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Shouldn't be a problem to use both but might be easier to turn off Dishnet wireless to avoid conflicts.

0 Likes