Cannot get refund upon termination of internet service
Changqian

I terminated my internet service on Oct 9th, 2017, while I had already paid the bill cycle from 10/02 - 11/01 for 104.99 $.  However, on my final bills, I don't see a refund for the period without internet service (from 10/10 - 11/01). I checked the refund policy online (see below quoted content and link) and called a customer service today, who told me that "internet only service cannot get proate credit upon termination". This is very radiculous! I felt completely cheated by that. What she said was entirely contradict with what I have seen on this refund.(https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/account/pay-bill/refunds). 

I don't see a reason Verizon could charge a customer when the person no longer uses their service. I hope some could investigate this issue.

"Refund of a credit balance

Since we bill in advance for certain services, when a customer disconnects service they may end up with a credit balance on their final bill. This credit balance will automatically be refunded if you don’t owe any money on any Verizon accounts. This can take 60 days or more.

If you happen to have a credit balance on your account due to an adjustment or duplicate payment, we can refund that amount to you if you don’t owe any money on any Verizon accounts. Contact us and we can process that request.

"

0 Likes
Re: Cannot get refund upon termination of internet service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Changqian,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes