Re: Coax and Ethernet be enabled on the ONT at the same time?
shadeobrady
Enthusiast - Level 2

For anyone else who needs this info:

I called Verizon to make a small change in my order, so also quickly spoke with a technician to make sure all the above is correct.

The technician confirmed that they CAN turn on both the coax as well as the CJ45 ethernet jacks at the same time. I'll have them running ethernet cable into my unit, while the other 3 apartments in my building will be able to have coax if they so please. They also mentioned they're only seeing 1 ONT unit having been installed at my place (not sure if there are different kinds, and the kind we have allows both to be turned on while a single house/account version would not?).

We'll see if this is 100% accurate when they arrive, but the technician double-checked with someone higher and was confident that I could have ethernet enabled while the other units could still have coax tv and/or data.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes you can have TV on coax and internet on Ethernet.

But you can not have internet on both.

And if the other units have stbs, they won't get guide data without internet.

Pretty sure this would all have to be under one account.

So one person will have to pay for it all and get reimbursed from the others.

0 Likes
ifruitloops

so...were you able to get your ethernet while having coax available for other 3 units (for both TV AND internet) ?  Are they 4 separate vzn accounts or you're splitting the bill 4 ways?

0 Likes