Complaint filed with FCC
Hen8412

Upon internet disonnect I was charged early disconnect fee even though I had no contract.

Originally had cable & internet service, no contract. In Mar 2013 called to remove cable. Phone agent offered "special pricing" (extra $5 off/mo) & also said the pricing was normally only available with 2-yr contract but I would not need a contract. I asked for clarification & told agent that I did NOT want a contract as we would be moving in a few months & would disconnect service at that time. The bill from Verizon after canceling my service included ~$160 charge for early disconnect.

I have tried to talk to Verizon multiple times to resolve the matter but have only been transferred around for hours to reach departments (Customer Service, Billing, Financial Services, and Fraud) that can either 1) Only make payment arrangements or 2) Not access my acct info.

I do owe additional money for my last month or so of service but will not be paying that until the right balance is given to me without the deceptive/fraudulent charge for early termination without a contract. It is truly unbelievable that I can't find anyone to remove the inappropriate charges from my acct & provide written confirmation that my credit report will not be negatively impacted. I should demand compensation for time spent dealing with Verizon's incompetence as well.

0 Likes
Re: Complaint filed with FCC
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hen8412,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Complaint filed with FCC
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Douglas,

We'll be closing your case thread for the time being since we have yet to hear back from you. If you have any more questions for us, please reach out to us here in this thread and we'll answer them for you.

Thanks,

Art

0 Likes