Connecting DSL to DVD to view Netflix movies.
PaulM1
Enthusiast - Level 1

What hardware and/or software do I need to connect my DSL service to receive Netflix movies?

Re: Connecting DSL to DVD to view Netflix movies.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could you tell us what hardware you currently have? This includes the modem model you are using, any routers you are using, along with the model of the DVD/Blu-Ray player you have.

PaulM1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Panasonic #DMP-BD65 Blu-ray player.  The modem is a Westell #A-90-750015-07.  I do not currently have a router.

Thanks for your help.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Westell 7500 you have is a Wired and Wireless router, so you're pretty much good to go in connecting your Blu-Ray player. I believe that if you were to look underneath the Westell 7500, or somewhere on the side of the Westell 7500, you should see a sticker or a label on it that contains information including your Wireless SSID name, and your WEP key for the router. If you don't see this, let us know and we can help you connect it to the Wireless network.

Using the SSID and WEP key you've found, visit your Blu-Rya Player's settings menu and locate the Network Settings. From there, configure the Blu-Ray player to use Wireless. Scan for your Westell 7500's SSID name using the Blu-Ray player, and once prompted, enter your WEP key into the Westell. Everything else should be straightforward as to what to set it to, if you are promted. Once done, test Internet connectivity to ensure you're connecting properly to the Westell.