Connection issues with Playstation Network
g-ho

I have a Westell A90-750015-07 DSL modem/router. My connection to the internet is fine...Although I can update my PS3 online...I can't connect to the Playstation Network with my PS3. In the past, the only way I could connect was to completely disable the firewall on the router. I recently updated my PS3 and now when I do that, the PS3 still can't connect to the Playstation Network. Does anyone have the correct port forwarding settings for this router in order to connect to the PS network? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Connection issues with Playstation Network
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pre-check list for allowing user from the net to connect you:

#1 The Default Gateway on your computer is the same IP Address as the Westell A90-750015-07?

For example, if on Windows XP

a) Go to Start -> Run.

b) Type in cmd and press enter.

c) In the new window, called the command prompt, type in ipconfig /all and press enter.

#2 In the router go to Advanced -> Private LAN

#3 What is the Starting and Ending IP Address?

#4 In the router go to Advanced -> Universal Plug and Play

#5 If you do not have at least two game consoles behind this two router, turn off UPnP in the router.

By game console, a special type of computer with no keyboard or mouse (and it/they are usually connected to a TV).

#6 In the router go to System Monitoring  -> Gateway Status

#7 With another web browser Window OR Tab, go to https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

#8 Below the text that says The text below might uniquely identify you on the Internet is an IP Address.

#9 In the web browser window or tab, that is still looking in the router, you should see that same IP Address.

0 Likes
tjahja40
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem. I have Westell G90-610015-20 DSL Modem. I have ASUS Wireless Router RT-N12 connected to it. My PS3 is able to connect (wirelessly) to the wireless network, but everytime I tried to login into Playstation Network, it would time out. When I do Internet Connection Test in PS3, the results for "Obtain IP Address" and "Internet Connection" are Succeeded, but for "Playstation Network" failed.

In response to the previous posting (the pre-check list), it seems that the list was more for Westell DSL Modem/Router. In my case, I have a Westell DSL Modem, with an ASUS Wireless Router. I am not sure if answering them would help. 

Please advice.

Thank you.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tjahja40 wrote:

I am having the same problem. I have Westell G90-610015-20 DSL Modem. I have ASUS Wireless Router RT-N12 connected to it. My PS3 is able to connect (wirelessly) to the wireless network, but everytime I tried to login into Playstation Network, it would time out. When I do Internet Connection Test in PS3, the results for "Obtain IP Address" and "Internet Connection" are Succeeded, but for "Playstation Network" failed.

In response to the previous posting (the pre-check list), it seems that the list was more for Westell DSL Modem/Router. In my case, I have a Westell DSL Modem, with an ASUS Wireless Router. I am not sure if answering them would help. 

Please advice.

Thank you.

Make sure your DSL modem is bridged, if you're going to be using another router. Your ASUS router needs to be using PPPoE to connect, rather than Automatic Configuration/DHCP. Double NATs cause all sorts of issues and complications especially with video games and servers.

0 Likes