Connection keeps dropping off
janedoe8

I am having a problem with the wireless internet dropping out on a consistant basis.  Not only does it do this on my computer but also the signal from my DirecTv DVR to another DirecTv box in the house.  I have moved the modem and have tried switching the channels but nothing seems to be working.   Hardwire is fine.  I have tried contacting tech support but all I can say to that  is "language barrier".  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Connection keeps dropping off
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What Gateway or router are you using to deliver connectivity to your devices?

0 Likes
janedoe8

Verizon's Actiontec GT-704

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Alrighty. Are you using any particular form of encryption on the Wireless or is it using the default WEP security? Might want to give WPA or WPA2 a shot to see if they play any better with the unit overall. Have you checked to make sure the ActionTec isn't by any chance having issues with overheating?

Also, when the Wireless drops off do all devices feel the effects or is it more along the lines of a rolling drop-out?

0 Likes
yayacc

I have the DSL-2750B and our internet connection keeps dropping off even though the green internet light is on

0 Likes
jghiller1

I too have a D-Link 2750B modem - Verizon replaced my original modem last year due to problems with speeds less than 1mbps download. Couldnt use internet all of a sudden. After going round and round with reps to help them realize the problem was theirs, I received a D-Link 2750b. I just had my poor DSL speed(2.5Mbps) upgraded to about 5mbps I still cannot watch Netflix movies w/o them pausing due to slow speeds. I didnt see this with my prior modem even at lower speeds. And in addition, I regularly lose the connection and have to reset modem. I had a similar problem down south at my other home and was told to switch to a DUAL BAND router. I did and replaced my Netgear router with a DUAL BAND Netgear router. No more outages! Not sure if this is what I need to do up here with Verizon. I never had a router with my DSL setup. Looks like I will need to open a ticket to hopefully get a support person who can help with the connection drops.

0 Likes