Re: Customer Service contract experience
paulgs31
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got locked out of my account last night, web site was telling me I needed a PIN mailed to my physical address and I had to call to get the number.

I call support number.... explain what is going on... they have no idea what I am talking about.... They ask for account number, I explain I cannot log in and have paperless billing.  They ask for home phone, I have cell phone that I have used for over 8 years with this account and I give them my cell... some how, not having a home phone is bad.... They cannot confirm who I am even though I am on the phone associated with the account.

I play nice, and I get transferred to billing.  After 20 minutes with billing explaining to me they have no idea who I am I get transferred to tech support... Again, I'm locked out, no idea account number.... and my cell phone number is an imposter... back to customer service. I did the circle through each department an additional time, almost two hours later billing tells me they are trnsferring me again to tech support and I get mad.

I say no and explain I have already been there, just mail me the pin to my billing address we confirmed several times through the two hours episode. {please keep your posts courteous} starts raising his voice at me, talking over me, and I ask the **bleep** to stop talking over me and I want a supervisor. HE TELLS ME NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I snap.  I'm done, and to add insult I get disconnected.

**bleep** customer service. I spend $165 a month, have been for 8 years and some {please keep your posts courteous} is going to talk over me, the PAYING customer and not listen to me?!  I didnt swear, I didn't say anything mean, I asked stop talking over me and listen to me and stop transerring me because it isn't helping.

I will pay $200+ a month got google fiber to come to Buffalo NY. I remained d calm, I put up with the transferrers for something very stupid, and this is NOT the first time I have been hung upon with Verizon.

I'm sure this will get edit, and a simple google will return thousands of pages of angry customers telling horror stories of verizon support. My wife was amazed at my patience as I have no paitence at all for this and I tried hard for two hours to be nice and the rude kid talking over me and yelling at me is what set me off. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi paulgs3,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

I had similar bad experience with Verizon. I have a two year contract and wanted to change the package options. Online Verizon quoted a final price of 115$ per month, but then charged over 180$!!! Their bill was so complicated and convoluted that even Verizon's own billing department could not figure out what happened!!

In the end it turns out that Verizon can't do math and that their computers are hopelessly confused with this fee and that fee, this promo and that discount no longer be applied or applied anew. Callbacks never happened.

I eventually got the BBB involved and that got a reaction from their corporate customer issue resolution department. Despite them admitting that Verizon goofed up they still did not want to honor the price quoted although I helped them to pinpoint a rather major flaw in their system. They did give me another discount (which they listed as valid for only one year, but claim that it is for the duration of the contract---we will see), but in the end the price is still noticeably over what they quoted. Even at 115$ a month they would have made plenty of money on me each month as it costs them less than half that amount to provide the services. But in their endless greed that wasn't enough. As their last ditch effort they waived any early termination fees for the duration of my contract

I only have TWC as alternative and they are even worse, so I swallowed that frog and stuck with Verizon. What we need is way more competition because only that will make Verizon to be a better company. Which is so weird, they have the far better infrastructure and offerings, they should be able to crush TWC in my region with their pinkie. Only Verizon knows why they go to such lengths of alienating loyal customers.

0 Likes