Customer service blatantly lies
basilamy

I signed up for Verizon fios Internet service last fall. I needed Internet for school, but I knew I probably would not be staying in my apartment for a year. I was planning to move in with my boyfriend. I told the customer service agent this information BEFORE I ever agreed to installation. She said that I would not be charged an early termination fee if I moved in with someone who already had Fios service. So I agreed and sure enough, I decided to move out in March. I spent at least an hour on the phone with Verizon explaining the situation and they refused to waive the fee, even though I was moving in with someone who already paid for their services and there was no way for me to continue with mine.

Customer service was extremely rude and asked irrelevant questions. 

After this ordeal, I was charged for a full month of service, even though I canceled and was disconnected two days into the billing cycle. I called AGAIN. I was lied to AGAIN. I was told I would receive a credit on my next billing statement. Of course, there was no credit and I was charged the early termination fee. Now I cannot even get through on the phone to talk to aomeone. I'm very dissapointed in the lack of customer service support. Every time I am transferred I get hung up on. 

0 Likes
Re: Customer service blatantly lies
sealamadre

wellcome to verizon ...that is all verizon do lies

0 Likes
V_217

I am dealing with the same issue.I've spent hours on the phone,absolutely worst customer service.They'll hung up on you and create orders without approval.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi basilamy,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes