Customer service escalation installationcanceled with no notice
Jamily211

We have had an infuriating experience with Verizon over the last several weeks and our issue remains unresolved. We initially made an appointment for a Verizon Fios internet installation on July 19th for an August 11th appointment. On August 9th, we received an email saying more information was required. We called Verizon’s customer service line to find our appointment for the NEXT DAY had been CANCELED  with absolutely no notice given to us via phone, email, text, etc. An agent on the phone that day said that we could not have Fios access in our apartment (which we know is untrue given that our neighbors have Fios and there is a Fios box in our utility closet in our unit). 

We spent hours on the phone with Verizon trying to ameliorate what was eventually identified as the issue—our unit number is the only apartment in our building that does not appear in the Fios system. We were transferred endlessly to multiple agents, put on hold upward of eight times on a single call. Eventually we got an agent to add our unit to the system, and they told us we could go to a Verizon store to pick up a router and self-install. Of course, when we got to the store there was some issue that meant the router they gave us could not be linked to the account. We were told to call customer service and that it would be a short process to get it resolved.

Then, we are on the phone again for MULTIPLE HOURS. At this point I have missed an entire day of work for this **bleep** (my installation was initially supposed to be on a SATURDAY). It is determined that we should have someone come for an appointment, and the agent on the phone confirms someone could come today between 10am and noon. We got an email confirmation with this same information.  NOBODY SHOWED UP.  We called customer service AGAIN, and the entire call amounted to “we called dispatch and they said there was some error, and your installation was canceled.” ONCE AGAIN, we received ZERO NOTICE of this from Verizon. I have now missed most of ANOTHER day of work. I have not been able to reach the same agent on the phone so I have explained my situation now upwards of twenty times. I am at my wit’s end. This is absolute torture. My previous experiences with Verizon in old apartments were so positive...what happened? I feel like a hostage. 

0 Likes
Re: Customer service escalation installationcanceled with no notice
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jamily211,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes