D-Link Model DSL-2750B and Kindle WIFI
NorthernJacana
Enthusiast - Level 1

VERY confused about Verizon vs. Verizon Wireless services/product/support.  I now have high speed internet and a land line.  I also have a smart phone wireless for one week which I am returning ASAP.  Why can I not change my Kindle codes to coincide with this new modem.  I was on Concast. I am Kindleless and hate the cell phone.  I miss my Kindle.  Shouldn't thhis D-Link include WIFI?  That is what I asked for.  But then, they told me I could not get Internet without a land line and Verizon Wireless told me that is not true.  ??  I want my Kindle.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: D-Link Model DSL-2750B and Kindle WIFI
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Kindle works fine without Internet, as an FYI :). Granted Internet access (if the device is your primary Internet device) won't.

For the intent and purpose of this thread though, yes, the modem you have is a Wireless Gateway. The Wireless network name and key should be foundd on the D-Link as a sticker. Look for words such as "SSID" and "WPA / WPA2." When you find this information, open up the Settings on your Kindle and visit the Wi-Fi settings. From there, you will need to tell the Kindle to scan for networks. Once scanned, pick the network name (The SSID) from the list of networks, and then enter in the Wireless key (WPA / WPA2 ).

If you've already gotten the Kindle connected up to the Wi-Fi poperly, then check to make sure you have service. The D-Link modem should have a DSL light or an Internet light on it. These lights, notably the DSL light should not be flashing or red. If the Internet light is flashing, that shows it's likely connected in some way, shape or form.

For Internet, if you're trying to get DSL, Verizon Wireless has nothing to do with it. They are a completely separate company with Verizon having a 52% ownership in the company. The rest is owned by Vodafone (a provider known around Europe). Stick to Verizon Communications (1-800-VERIZON) and yes, a landline is required to get DSL. This is not due to a technical limitation as Verizon sold DSL without a phone in the past, but it is due to a company policy to preserve the landline business.

Also be aware, DSL setup may still require a computer if you've never been able to use it before. If you don't have one around, see if you can borrow one or have a tech come out and get things working on a Verizon laptop.

View solution in original post

Re: D-Link Model DSL-2750B and Kindle WIFI
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Kindle works fine without Internet, as an FYI :). Granted Internet access (if the device is your primary Internet device) won't.

For the intent and purpose of this thread though, yes, the modem you have is a Wireless Gateway. The Wireless network name and key should be foundd on the D-Link as a sticker. Look for words such as "SSID" and "WPA / WPA2." When you find this information, open up the Settings on your Kindle and visit the Wi-Fi settings. From there, you will need to tell the Kindle to scan for networks. Once scanned, pick the network name (The SSID) from the list of networks, and then enter in the Wireless key (WPA / WPA2 ).

If you've already gotten the Kindle connected up to the Wi-Fi poperly, then check to make sure you have service. The D-Link modem should have a DSL light or an Internet light on it. These lights, notably the DSL light should not be flashing or red. If the Internet light is flashing, that shows it's likely connected in some way, shape or form.

For Internet, if you're trying to get DSL, Verizon Wireless has nothing to do with it. They are a completely separate company with Verizon having a 52% ownership in the company. The rest is owned by Vodafone (a provider known around Europe). Stick to Verizon Communications (1-800-VERIZON) and yes, a landline is required to get DSL. This is not due to a technical limitation as Verizon sold DSL without a phone in the past, but it is due to a company policy to preserve the landline business.

Also be aware, DSL setup may still require a computer if you've never been able to use it before. If you don't have one around, see if you can borrow one or have a tech come out and get things working on a Verizon laptop.