DAP-1522 and Verizon Fios
scaldwell1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have added the DLink DAP-1522 as an access point to my homenetwork from the wireless router supplied by Verizon FIOS  (ultraline series 3 internet gateway device) and it brings down the internet access for wired access and the wireless network no longer broadcast from the verison wireless router.  I need both wireless networks to cover the house completely.  ( the AP and the wireless router from Verison)

The DLINK DAP-1522 is set to AP on the switch on back and the encryption is set to WPA2.

I am at a loss as to what could be causing the issue, has anyone else had this problem? 

I have had Verison replace the router and still get the same issue.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Re: DAP-1522 and Verizon Fios
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@scaldwell wrote:

I have added the DLink DAP-1522 as an access point to my homenetwork from the wireless router supplied by Verizon FIOS  (ultraline series 3 internet gateway device) and it brings down the internet access for wired access and the wireless network no longer broadcast from the verison wireless router.  I need both wireless networks to cover the house completely.  ( the AP and the wireless router from Verison)

The DLINK DAP-1522 is set to AP on the switch on back and the encryption is set to WPA2.

• Since you've set the DAP-1522 to AP mode, I assume it's connected LAN-to-LAN via cat5 to the Westell?
  • Is the DHCP server on the DAP-1522 disabled?
  • The default IP address of the DAP-1522 is 192.168.0.50.  You need to change this to an unused IP address on the Westell subnet (192.168.1.x).  You should also make sure that the IP address you assign is outside the DHCP range on the Westell.
  • Have you assigned the DAP-1522 a different wireless channel than the Westell?
Re: DAP-1522 and Verizon Fios
scaldwell1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, the DAP-1522 is connected via Lan to Lan with CAT5 and the DHCP server is disabled on the DAP-1522.

I did not changed the default IP address, I assumed it would get an IP from the FIOS router.  I'll change it to the Westell subnet.

No I did not assign a different wireless channel either, I'll look at that as well.  The DAP is N along with a/b/g, so I assume the G netwaork channel would be the one that would conflict.

Thanks for the reply, I will let you know how it turns out!

0 Likes