Re: DLNA Not working on MI424WR (Rev. I)/IOS 4.19.36 Petition
tns
Master - Level 2

Not sure it works but BIGDADDY on DSL REPORTS has posted a jump that seems to get you to the IGMP proxy page. Previously others had success when they turned off IGMP proxy.

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059

NORe: DLNA Not working on MI424WR (Rev. I)/IOS 4.19.36 Petition
java_man
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now that's what I call a perfect Christmas present 🙂 !!! Used the jump. Set IGMP proxy to Disabled. Confirmed: DLNA Servers are visible on both networks: wired & wireless!!!

Way to go!

THANK YOU

0 Likes
Ysman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks TNS and BigDaddy for that jump.  Disabling the IGMP Proxy worked for  me.  Just in time for the holidays too!  Merry Christmas!

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Amazing...  And Verizon wonders why people don't want to use their router.

Anyway, I used this link and verified that IGMP proxy was turned off for me.  This confirms that if it was turned off before the 40.19.36 firmware was pushed, it stays off.  I had turned it off with the older firmware to fix iTunes home sharing, and it was still working after the firmware push.  Now, I am certain that the setting wasn't changed by the push.

Does anyone know how to stop Verizon from pushing firmware updates?

Does anyone know how to reload 4.19.22?

0 Likes
java_man
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can save the firmware file on your computer and perform firmare downgrade using router's web UI.

BUT

As soon as the router is connected to the internet it will check for the latest version (the one you have now) and will install it back.

AND

There's nothing you can do about it right now.

HOWEVER

Now that I have my DLNA streaming back I don't see the need to downgrade anymore...

Merry Christmas!

0 Likes
onechionly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow thanks, it worked. The weblink gets me directly to the IGMP proxy page. Apparently the page still exist in the router setup, there just isn't a link directly to it. Bigdaddy definitely deserves mucho credit for finding this.

This was such a easy fix, I'm still wondering if Verizon is really taking this issue seriously.

0 Likes
Columbiaman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow amazing, this works!

Makes me wonder what else is hidden.

DB102

This is just one more reason to leave Verizon. I just spent 6 hours researching DLNA and networking to fix something that should just work. I should have figured this was another problem created by Verizon.

I'm getting tired of complaining, apps don't work, router is outdated, Verizon forces updates that limit services... Can't wait to switch back, I had none of these problems with Xfinity. You get what you pay for.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@DB10 wrote:

This is just one more reason to leave Verizon. I just spent 6 hours researching DLNA and networking to fix something that should just work. I should have figured this was another problem created by Verizon.

I'm getting tired of complaining, apps don't work, router is outdated, Verizon forces updates that limit services... Can't wait to switch back, I had none of these problems with Xfinity. You get what you pay for.

Why not swap out the Verizon router for your own? That tends to solve 99.9% of the FiOS issues people have around here. After all, the only thing Verizon NEEDS to supply you with is the connection coming in. The router's a bonus. The same goes for any other provider, and all business circuits (though sometimes you get a Cisco/Juniper router thrown in as a part of the service).

Of course, for network nerds, remember the RFCs. It could be possible the Verizon firmware actually follows RFCs to the code. Who knows. I don't think many have taken a full blown dive into that subject.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

that's the igmp link, I wonder what the UpNP link is for those that want to disable it. 

It's enabled by default now, but some users want it disabled.  

0 Likes