DSL Connectivity Issue
Telefonrob

My DSL was working fine until Tuesday morning Oct 19.   That morning I had no Internet connectivity.  I had not made any changes or installs to my laptop.  I have a Wextell modem and a SMC wireless router.  The first Verizon person I spoke with thought it was my router (no my router works fine and I tried connecting directly from modem to PC also).  Then the next time I called they said there was a problem on the Verizon end of things.  After they said the problem was fixed,  I still could not get connectivity.    The next person had me add a new connection on my laptop for Verizon and go through a whole new set up.  Then I kept getting error messages.  After several attempts (and turning modem and router on / off  many times),  they got me connected.  But this morning that Verizon connect was disconnected.  I tried re-connecting but got the same error message again.   So,  my questions are:

1.   My laptop and connectivity worked fine on Monday Oct 18,  why now do I need to have a "new" connection on my laptop?  I don't think I should have had to do that.  My laptop works fine connecting from other wireless locations.

2.  I have two laptops and I could only connect with the one they had me put the settings on.  Does this mean that now I must put a connection on each laptop I want to use?   (assuming I am stuck with this new connection, once it works).  I should not have to do that either,  I did not need to do that before.

3.  How am I able to speak with a technical person at Verizon that is not following a pre-determined script and get some answers?

0 Likes
Re: DSL Connectivity Issue
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the model of that Westell modem?

#2 What is the model of that SMC router?

@Telefonrob wrote:

Then I kept getting error messages.  After several attempts (and turning modem and router on / off  many times),  they got me connected.  But this morning that Verizon connect was disconnected.  I tried re-connecting but got the same error message again.

What were/was the error message?

@Telefonrob wrote:

So,  my questions are:

1.   My laptop and connectivity worked fine on Monday Oct 18,  why now do I need to have a "new" connection on my laptop?  I don't think I should have had to do that.  My laptop works fine connecting from other wireless locations.

You do not need to add a new connection

@Telefonrob wrote:

So,  my questions are:

2.  I have two laptops and I could only connect with the one they had me put the settings on.  Does this mean that now I must put a connection on each laptop I want to use?   (assuming I am stuck with this new connection, once it works).  I should not have to do that either,  I did not need to do that before.

Right now, yes. 😞

But we can try to fix that, so no you do not have to.

0 Likes