DSL IS CRAP
steelmind1
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK.  Got DSL again in May.  (Long story there I won't go into). I am paying for DSL, but it's like the worst dial-up I've ever had.  In fact, dial up is quicker.  EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED with Verizon customer service, whose pat response seems to be running a thousand tests and sending me 3 modems (Westell 7500-same one, every time).  The tests all are normal, the modems work, but my DSL speed is non-existent and now it won't even load a website without taking 20 minutes to do so.  In one moment of normalcy, it let me download the Verizon Helper thingie, but now that won't even load up quick enough to help, and when it does load up, it dosn't show you where to click to actually use the thing.  I have had all the inside lines tested and all the jacks replaced, no help.  I am running Windows 7 on a Dell computer that's 2 years old.  All I want is what I'm paying for.  Can't go online and forget about streaming anything like I used to do!  Can someone point me in the right direction before I retain an attorney??

0 Likes
Re: DSL IS CRAP
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about your slow speeds. We can take a look at this and help out. Have you rebooted the modem and router? If not please do so. Also go to a speed test website (we recommend http://verizon.net/speedtest  ) and post your speed results.

0 Likes
steelmind1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Fixed my problem after 2 months!!  All I had to do was tell Verizon I was shipping every piece of equipment I owned back to them and cancelling my service, and they fixed the problem overnight!  Something about moving my old "hub" to another location; whatever that means.  It works, I'm happy, and we'll see how long it lasts...........Thanks to everyone who responded!

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear the problem was solved! The problem you had seems to be increasingly common, and often times a circuit change tends to resolve the issue. I wouldn't expect the issue to not show up again several months down the road, especially if your area has a lot of Internet users (College areas especially), but if it does not, then all the better! The change they did doesn't take very long, perhaps a few minutes to change how the line is routed in the CO. The trick to getting such a problem solved is to find the right person who can fix it. If it does show up again, contact me and I'll get you in touch with someone who will sort the issue out.