DSL bridged to dd-wrt. How to set up? How to MAC clone?
chewy5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've searched the forums and can't find an answer to my question.  Here's the problem I'm having.  I flashed my WR841ND with dd-wrt.  It worked previously through a routed bridge with the westell 7500, but the dd-wrt setup is much more specific.  I'm told that I need to enter my user name, password, and DNS based on the fields in dd-wrt when I am setting up PPPOE.  Verizon will only give me my user name.  They say my password doesn't matter, and they can't give me the DNS.  Do I need this information?  Can I use the DNS I was connected through before using dd-wrt?

Also, I hear that cloning the MAC works to solve my problems, but I don't know how to do that in dd-wrt.  Can I do that if I use VOIP for my phone line?  I've heard that it's not recommended, but I don't know why.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DSL bridged to dd-wrt. How to set up? How to MAC clone?
chewy5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem solved.  I had to use PPPoE settings on the TP-Link W841ND router.  I thought it was automatic, but I needed my login information from support.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Is the Westell setup for Bridge-Routed Bridge, for Bridge-Bridge, or for PPPoE?

#2 If the Westell is setup for Bridge-Routed Bridge: Is the DHCP Client in it Enabled or Disabled?

#3 Do you have access to the net while your computer is wired directly to the Westell?

#4 What and where is the equipment that handles VOIP?

For example: Vonage VDV21-VD that is behind the router running DD-WRT.

0 Likes
chewy5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem solved.  I had to use PPPoE settings on the TP-Link W841ND router.  I thought it was automatic, but I needed my login information from support.

0 Likes