DSL link drops on incoming/outgoing calls
jk-335
Enthusiast - Level 1

My ADSL link drops almost every time a phone call comes in, and almost every time a call is placed out. Once the link recovers, it stays up throughout the conversation until the next call comes in or until another outgoing call is made.

I've had Verizon ADSL for about a year, and I've had this problem from the start. I've verified that every device plugged into a phone jack (except the DSL modem) was filtered. I've swapped filters and double-filtered every device (except the DSL modem) with no luck.

A few months ago I installed a whole-house DSL splitter, isolating the DSL to the single jack used by the DSL modem. The problem is still occurring. I've even tried filtering all the jacks on the phone side of the splitter. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: DSL link drops on incoming/outgoing calls
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of this dsl modem?

#2 What happens when you only have the DSL modem connected to the phone line, and with a cell phone (or from another location) you dail your home phone number ?

#3 Do you have Direct TV too?

jk-335
Enthusiast - Level 1

The modem is a Westel 7500.

When dialing-in from a cell phone the DSL link almost always drops.

No DirectTV.

I have a Panasonic 5.8GHz cordless on the line and have read about DSL problems with them, but nothing I can substantiate -- just anecdotal...

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

This would indicate a filter / line or interference problem.

Check that filters / splitter aren't faulty.

Make sure filters / splitter are connected the right way round.

Place the router on it's own power supply, without any other devices.

--

Do you have a monitored alarm installed by any chance?

0 Likes
Mrdy

jk-335,

i'm having the same problem for about a month already. 

are you using voip for your phone service?

I never reset the modem and always see

'disconnecting due to PADT received'

And this happens whether it's an incoming or outgoing call.

Devices:                

vonage voip (refurbished) Vonage branded equipment

dsl modem:  westell 327W & westell 7500 (both does the same thing)

phone: panasonic (Dect 6.0) & Uniden 2.4Ghz cordless (both does the same thing)

My next option is to call Vonage to try and swap out the vonage voip equipment w/ a Motorola voip (non Vonage branded)

0 Likes